This option involves weekly reporting and correspondence with your coach.
As a team, we have coached thousands of natural athletes to the stage in every division across the physique-sport spectrum and to the platform in unequipped powerlifting. We fully believe in the title “coach”. We do not simply adjust macronutrients and training.
Coaching is about forming relationships, setting expectations, mentorship, and good communication. It is our role to help each person find a sustainable competition approach to ensure a long and successful career.
Training, nutrition, and cardio are all interrelated and effect one another, so we program all of these aspects when you sign up with us. We utilize a weekly report format using a combination of video messaging, video or picture updates of physique progress and posing, videos of lifting technique, and excel-based programming spreadsheets to help our clients achieve their goals.
**Before you contact 3DMJ for coaching, please read this ENTIRE page.
WHAT DO I GET?
Here is an itemized list of what our competitive athletes can expect:
– Ongoing, individualized, and detailed audio or video correspondence from your coach every week.
– An evolving, customized weight training program that will progress throughout your journey to ensure you are bringing your best physique to the contest stage OR your best total to the platform.
– An evolving customized nutrition plan devised to ensure you get on stage in the best condition possible, or step on the platform in your ideal weight class. It covers such variables as: overall calories, macronutrients, micronutrient density, fluid needs, nutrient timing, etc, and is overseen by our Registered Dietitian Steve Taylor, MS.
– An individualized cardiovascular training program that will complement your nutrition and training plan to help you lose body fat for a bodybuilding show OR to help you make your weight class for your meet if needed.
– Science-based supplement education to support health, increase performance, aid in fat loss and support muscle growth during your contest preparation.
– Posing coaching for bodybuilding competitors that includes feedback via video, pictures, written adjustments and Skype consultations when needed.
– Exercise form coaching via video, in which we analyze your form and critique it to enhance performance and prevent injury.
– A customized peaking or tapering program tailored to your needs leading up to competition day. This also includes additional contact availability from your coaches during your final week to ensure that you are bringing your best physique to the stage, or your best total to the platform.
WHO WILL BE MY COACH?
3D Muscle Journey is a team of professionals. Although we are made up of four individual coaches, we all follow the same key coaching principles and stand by each other’s methods 100%. We collaborate and meet as a staff very frequently, and have systems built into our operations to ensure that our athletes are receiving the same quality of care across the board.
That said, we do not accept individual coaching requests. Our team administrator disburses incoming applications based on roster availability.
WHEN SHOULD I BEGIN MY BODYBUILDING CONTEST PREP?
Be aware, most physique athletes need longer than they think to reach peak condition. So when at all possible, we recommend contacting us in the offseason well before your self-estimated contest prep begins. This ensures you are at the ideal body fat and food intake, helps you establish rapport with your coach and secures your roster spot.
We understand this is not possible for everyone, and still happily welcome athletes who are ready to prep with us for the first time. To learn more about some of our general recommended time frames based on competitive division, CLICK HERE.
WHEN SHOULD I BEGIN MY POWERLIFTING MEET PREP?
It would be ideal to have been working with our powerlifters in an off-season capacity for as long as possible before entering a full-on, weekly meet prep mode. We understand this is not possible for everyone, and still happily welcome athletes who are ready to prep with us for the first time. In this case, would prefer to have at least 16 weeks of preparation with an athlete before they hit the platform for the first time as a 3DMJ powerlifter.
HOW LONG WILL I BE ON THE COMPETITION ROSTER?
After your last show or meet of the season, you are not immediately pulled off of our roster of competitors. We continue weekly coaching through the recovery phase, which generally tends to last anywhere from 1 to 6 months following a contest prep diet or a powerlifting meet.
Bodybuilders – To watch a detailed 30-min video about The Recovery Diet and how we guide our athletes through it, CLICK HERE.
Powerlifters – Depending on how far you are from your next competition, you and your coach will decide whether it is best to keep you as a weekly in-season athlete or to switch to our biweekly, off-season option of ongoing coaching.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
All of our coaching services begin with a one-time initiation fee to cover the cost of your initial Skype video call and the creation of your program. Once you are on our roster, weekly coaching is paid for on an ongoing monthly basis. All athletes must agree to a minimum of 2 months upfront, and then you and your coach will make a long-term plan together. This in-season arrangement typically lasts 6 to 18 months in total before moving to our off-season pricing model. Discounts are available to students, active military, fire, and police.
One-Time Start-Up Fee: $200
Ongoing Cost of Competition Coaching: $250 per month, due on the first day of the month
*All prices are in U.S. Dollars
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
Once you contact the team and agree to our terms, you will complete an initial application to obtain the necessary information regarding your current training, diet, cardio, and physique. The form also informs us as to when you plan to compete, and allows us to devise a time table for your journey to the stage or platform. It is essential you give as much detail as possible to aid us in creating an efficient customized program.
**If you are interested in coaching, you can CLICK HERE to send a message to our team administrator, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.**
Please be patient as we will respond to your inquiry in 3-5 business days. This response will be via email, from “3DMJ Office”. Our admin will answer any questions you have and go over the steps needed to join the team.