Three years ago this month, I competed in my very first powerlifting meet.
As any inquisitive first-timer, I had a lot of questions for my then-coach, Alberto Nunez on how to handle the entire experience in general.
And because I had a YouTube channel of video diaries going on at the time, I asked him if we could have the conversation on camera and he obliged.
If you can get past hearing me say “ok” about 300 times in this recording (my apologies in advance), you can actually learn quite a bit from Alberto about the competition considerations that a lot of first timers can tend to overlook.
Here is my 20-minute unscripted interview with Alberto Nunez on how to prepare for my first powerlifting meet.
Here are some of the topics we cover in the video above:
- The order, format, and duration of powerlifting meets
- What to consider during warm ups, and what you can do to plan better
- How to select your 3 attempts
- What commands must be followed for each lift
- How to plan caffeine and food intake
- How to handle weigh-ins and avoid stress on meet day
Is there anything else I forgot to ask? Let me know in the comments below 🙂